Our spring Adult Education class will be using Living by the Book, by Howard Hendricks. (You can purchase it from Laura $13 in the office, but you can definitely do the course without a book as well.)
Our study will focus on 3 major components:
- Observation: What is the text saying? What do I see?
- Interpretation: What does this mean?
- Application: What do I do with what I’ve observed/interpreted?
Here’s the tentative schedule:
- Feb. 28: Reading Thoughtfully/Reading Repeatedly
- March 6: Reading Patiently/Selectively/Prayerfully
- March 13: Reading Imaginatively/Meditatively
- March 20: Reading Purposefully/Acquisitively/Telescopically
- March 27: What is – Emphasized/Repeated/Related
- April 3: What is – Alike & Unlike/True to Life/ Big Picture
- April 10: 5 Keys to Interpretation
- April 17: Coming to Terms/Putting It All Together
- April 24: 4 Steps in Application
- May 1: 9 Questions to Ask
This class’ video lessons and hand-outs will be available on the website as well as on Sundays. Please email Jeff ([email protected]) if you want to be enrolled.